How do I get a good looking black and grey tattoo and a healthy healing process?
After the execution of your tattoo, you will be told how to look after it in the best way possible. Know how to care for your tattoo afterwards as it will be your responsibility. Help your skin heal quickly and better following these tattoo aftercare instructions.
What should I do after the tattoo session?
- Remove the cling film as soon as you arrive back home and wash your tattoo just using your clean hands, with PH neutral soap (fragrance-free) or simply warm water only.
- Make sure your hands are always clean before touching or cleaning the tattoo. Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Gently dry your tattoo with a paper towel. Do not rub, or use a fabric with a rough surface.
- Do not replace any clingfilm anymore.
- On the first and the second day keep the tattoo dry. NO cream. NO moist. A dry start it’s better.
- After you can start to apply the cream twice a day 15 to 30 minutes after washing it.
- Apply a tiny amount of tattoo aftercare cream such as Hustle Butter Deluxe or Hustle Butter CDB Luxe, which you can get from Killer Ink here. Make sure you order it way before needed after the appointment. Do not use Vaseline, petroleum or any other cream due I will not respond to any problem that may be created.
- You can shower (not long) but you may not soak your tattoo until it peels completely.
- Keep your tattoo hydrated and Wash it 2 to 3 times a day maximum.
- I suggest using PH neutral soap no more than 1 time every 2 days but if you don’t have PH neutral soap, warm water only it’s perfect.
- Apply the cream 3 times a day maximum and remember a very thin layer.
- Wear clean, soft and loose clothes over your tattoo to avoid possible irritation and cross-contamination.
- Allow the scab to fall off naturally. It will take normally around 7 days.
- After the scab stage, keep the area slightly moisturized 1 time a day for the following 5 to 6 weeks and please swap to a different moisturizing cream as Aveeno.
- The real healing time can take around 2 weeks to 6 weeks when the skin will be naturally and esthetically relaxed.
What shouldn’t I do after the tattoo session?
- Relaxing is better than partying.
- No alcohol and drugs.
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap or rub your tattoo.
- Do not use any cloth bandages or pads, as the fibers of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
- Do not wear tight clothing, abrasive materials, or jewels that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not swim, soak or hot tub for 2 weeks.
- Do not get in contact with sand or any dirt until it is completely healed.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks.
- After that, you must use a high protection sunblock.