How do I get a good looking black and grey tattoo and healthy healing process?
After the execution of your tattoo, you will be told how to look after it in the best way possible. Know how to care for your tattoo afterwards as it will be your responsibility. Help your skin heal quickly and better following these tattoo aftercare instructions.
What should I do after the tattoo session?
- Apply a tiny amount of tattoo aftercare cream such as Hustle Butter Deluxe or Hustle Butter CDB Luxe, which you can get from Killer Ink here. Make sure you order it way before needed after the appointment. Do not use Vaseline or petroleum.
- You can shower (not long) but you may not soak your tattoo until it peels completely.
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Remove the cling film within 2-3 hours after getting your tattoo and wash your tattoo with PH neutral soap (fragrance free) just using your hands. Make sure your hands are always clean before touching or cleaning the tattoo.
- Gently dry your tattoo with a paper towel. Do not rub, or use a fabric with a rough surface.
- Keep your tattoo hydrated and Wash it 3 times a day (1 time with PH neutral soap and 2 times with only water). Apply the cream 3 to max. 5 times a day.
- Wear clean, soft and losing clothes over your tattoo to avoid possible irritation and cross contamination.
- Allow the scab to fall off naturally.
- After the scab stage, keep the area moisturized.
What shouldn’t I do after the tattoo session?
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap or rub your tattoo.
- Do not use any cloth bandages or pads, as the fibres of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
- Do not wear tight clothing, abrasive materials or jewellery that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not swim, soak or hot tub for 2 weeks.
- Do not get in contact with sand or any dirty until it is completely healed.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks. After that, you must use high protection sunblock.