How do I get a good looking black and grey tattoo and a healthy healing process?
After the execution of your tattoo, you will be told how to look after it in the best way possible. Know how to care for your tattoo afterwards as it will be your responsibility. Help your skin heal quickly and better following these tattoo aftercare instructions.
What should I do after the tattoo session?
- Remove the cling film as soon as you arrive back home and wash your tattoo just using your clean hands, with PH neutral soap (fragrance free) or simply warm water only. Make sure your hands are always clean before touching or cleaning the tattoo.
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Gently dry your tattoo with a paper towel. Do not rub, or use a fabric with a rough surface.
- Do not replace any clingfilm anymore.
- For the first 3 days wait at least 1 to 3 hours before applying the cream. Dry it's better.
- After 3 days you can start to apply the cream 15 to 30 minutes after.
- Apply a tiny amount of tattoo aftercare cream such as Hustle Butter Deluxe or Hustle Butter CDB Luxe, which you can get from Killer Ink here. Make sure you order it way before needed after the appointment. Do not use Vaseline or petroleum.
- You can shower (not long) but you may not soak your tattoo until it peels completely.
- Keep your tattoo hydrated and Wash it 2 to 3 times a day maximum (1 time only with PH neutral soap and 2 times with only water). Apply the cream 3 times a day maximum. If you have not PH neutral, warm water only it's perfect.
- Wear clean, soft and losing clothes over your tattoo to avoid possible irritation and cross-contamination.
- Allow the scab to fall off naturally.
- After the scab stage, keep the area slightly moisturized (1 to maximum 2 times a day) for the following 5 to 6 weeks.
What shouldn’t I do after the tattoo session?
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap or rub your tattoo.
- Do not use any cloth bandages or pads, as the fibres of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
- Do not wear tight clothing, abrasive materials or jewellery that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not swim, soak or hot tub for 2 weeks.
- Do not get in contact with sand or any dirt until it is completely healed.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks. After that, you must use a high protection sunblock.